Today is a special occasion because Dr. Joyce has put together our very first Joyceland Quiz. Hip hip hooray! Joyce has spent months working on the reliability and validity of this semi-test. If you can’t trust Joyce’s assessment of your personality, who can you trust? We love quizzes–especially when they are easy. They make us feel smart and sassy and like we’ve got that extra special something that precious few possess.
Today’s quiz is called HOW NAUGHTY ARE YOU?
Do you like to have a little bit ‘o fun? Or, are you perhaps, in adulthood, becoming a KILLJOY?
Number your paper 1-10 and answer Yes or No to the following questions:
Have you ever:
1. thought Austin Powers should start to behave
2. driven right through a stop sign late at night when no one is around to catch you
3. served only fruit and vegetables as an after school snack
4. tinkled outside
5. hosted a party and cooked every item from scratch
6. told your boss you had a meeting and spent the afternoon at Starbucks instead
7. thought less of the Kennedy’s because they got a little naughty sometimes
8. toilet papered someone’s house
9. avoided black bean dip at parties
10. put on your go-go boots and danced to Nancy Sinatra’s These Boots are Made for Walkin’ while watching yourself in the mirror
Scoring: Look at the odd numbers and give yourself a point for every no. Look at the even numbers and give yourself a point for every yes. If you scored 0, 1, 2, 3 we are recommending a Joyce intervention–our call center is open and is taking calls right now. That’s 1-800-I am Fun! If you scored 4, 5, 6, 7 there is hope. To refine your naughtiness you should spend time with Olivia (September Person of Intrigue–posts 9/8 through 9/10) or pay attention to Sheila (upcoming October Person of Intrigue). If you scored an 8, 9, 10—in the words of Sally Field—we like you, we really, really like you. And want to be your BFF.
Golly, that was A LOT of work. Time to dance off a little stress–